Sunday, May 15, 2011

*~~ Grass is Always Greener ~~*

Lately things have been chaotic..busy schedule, too much on my plate, money, finances, everyday problems. And I find myself thinking late at night, wow...it would be so nice to go have a drink. Or go get my nails done, perhaps a pedicure? Something for ME! I have a few friends who are still childless and I see them doing these things all the time. It sure seems nice to be able to do them. And at my worst moments during the days ..it's the shopping, the cute clothes, the shoes..all the "little" things that seem to run through my mind the most. All the while , the dishes are stacked high, the laundry is never ending, I look like royal S*it, and I think how nice these little luxuries would be. Before kids I didn't think of these things as luxuries, I just did them. And that was that. These are at my worst moments...when things are bad.
   And then their is a light at the end of all this darkness. When I'm doing that endless stack of dishes..and my son runs up to me with the sweetest drawing of Pokemon, or my baby girl blows me a kiss while dumping crayons on the floor..or when Lily looks up after a major tantrum with that crazy bratty smirk (that she gets from me)...and all the other "little" things skip my mind. And that's when God puts it all in perspective. I am not here to do my nails, I am not here to look pretty, I am not here to go to the gym or look cute in a bikini. I wouldn't trade my messy house, my chocolate covered children for anything in the whole world! In 50 years it is the messy kisses, the hugs, the endless drawings of ninjas and fairies that I will remember. Those are the things that shape me and my life. Will I remember an hour in the tanning salon? Will I remember those pretty pink toe-nails? I will perhaps if I go spend the day with my daughter and we do them together! These are the things that I will remember as the things that put a smile on my face.
    Their is an old saying that goes "people who have children, and people who don't ...both feel sorry for each other". I am here, as God intended, doing the things that God intended...and I am HAPPY doing what I was called to do! (although I still welcome a trip to the salon, or day out with my best friend)...I wouldn't change my life for anything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment